Browser based Trading Platform
Many people think that investing is difficult, requires special knowledge and is not suitable for everyone. In fact, anyone can learn how to invest, as long as they have the right attitude and motivation.
In the world of stock trading, there is one important nuance that affects profits. A quality approach to learning how to trade, personal qualities, self-discipline, practice - everything matters, and yet it is worth adding to the list the choice of Web trading platform. If done correctly, a comfortable and understandable web based trading platform will be a good assistant to a trader. After all, its potential, speed of transactions, profits depend on the capabilities of the Web trading platform.
A trading platform is software that provides interactive access to the market and enables online transactions.
It takes time for a trader to learn how to trade on the exchange through a browser based trading platform. Each terminal has a different interface and may have significant differences, making it difficult to work with the charts. You have to be patient and after a few repetitions of the Web trading platform it will seem easy and straightforward.
What is a web-based trading platform?
The web trading platform has the following parameters:
- Functionality. Refers to a quantitative characteristic, i.e. how many analytical tools (charts, technical indicators, timeframes, etc.) are displayed by the platform. Whether it is possible to open several windows with quotes simultaneously, set up automatic trading, enter your own indicator, what types of orders to execute, etc.
- Performance (speed of the programme). The delay in graphical representation of quotes affects the quality and quantity of executed deals, so you should choose the trading platform, which does not slow down or such bugs are very rare (especially for Daytraders).
- Security. Confidentiality is a valuable parameter in all areas that involve money. A trading platform, as well as the brokerage company, should cause trader's confidence in the safety of performed deals.
- User-friendly interface. The simpler and clearer, the better - that is the principle you can rely on when choosing a trading platform. It also includes the possibility of individual customization, so that it would be convenient for a trader to trade on the exchange.
- Mobility. The parameter that includes two important conditions: the possibility of installation to a mobile device and compatibility with leading operating systems. When a trading platform requires buying a tablet or smartphone, it is the wrong direction to choose a trading terminal.
A web based trading platform includes charting tools, software for market analysis and order execution and monitoring, and account management solutions. The web based trading platform allows traders to conduct their own analysis of reports, easily and conveniently analyse and visualise market data. The market analysis software helps in providing indicators and alerts to the trader regarding market movements, trends, price direction and volume. These market indicators provide important and relevant information that traders need to make informed decisions.
The Web trading platform helps to predict in which direction prices will move in the future. Technical and fundamental analysis are available for this purpose. The difference between these types of analysis lies in the forecasting tools. Technical analysis is a way to forecast future values, using charts and indicators. Fundamental analysis is a method of forecasting prices using a company's financial performance and calculating a company's intrinsic value.
Technical analysis is easier to understand as it is possible to forecast price movements visually by examining a price chart, drawing some important lines, applying some indicators and finding specific patterns. In order to make predictions based on fundamental analysis - you need to study a lot of information about the company itself - the profit and loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, etc.
On the basis of browser-based charts broadcasted by the trading platform, the trader makes a decision about the deal. The quality of information provided by the Web trading platform determines the success of trading. It shows you what's happening in the market right now, and allows you to study past developments.
Web based trading platform charting tools provide valuable information that a trader can use. They show information such as volume, average price, high and low points, currency pairs and moving averages. Market analysis tools also help traders analyze past market data. This gives a trader an idea of market trends and how they might affect future market behaviour. These tools also help identify entry and exit points for trades.
Web based trading platform provides the ability to present trading account statistics or a report in the form of handy charts with a large number of statistical indicators. Once you understand them, you will be able to get a lot of information about the trading system and its future prospects in order to improve your results. You can use the flexible privacy settings and reveal only the part of the information that will not reveal the details of the trading system - for example, leave the statistics for currency pairs and statistical indicators, this is already a lot to see.
The browser based trading platform allows users to find and view real-time quotes for different instruments. The charts allow users to monitor prices of currencies, stock indices, commodities, securities and cryptocurrencies in real time. The provided quotes for trading instruments can be customised according to each trader's individual preferences.
Let's take a closer look at which financial markets the Web trading platform is adapted to
Web platform for trading stocks.
To successfully trade stocks on the stock exchange you need knowledge, but it is not necessary to get additional education for that. It is sufficient to follow the following rules on a web based trading platform:
- Take your time. You don't have to trade exclusively intraday, a trade can be open for much longer - from 1 week to several years.
- Aim not to sell below the buy price. When the price moves against expectations, there is a fear of loss, but you should not close the position too soon. With proper analysis, the price will soon correct in your favor. If the stock price stays in a losing range for a long time and no positive news is expected, it is better to close the position as close to the buy price as possible to minimize your loss.
- Pay attention to the trading turnover and liquidity of securities. These indicators will allow you to sell the stock quickly and lock in a profit.
- Even for speculative trading, do a little fundamental analysis of the stock and determine the trend direction of the price. If the company is not doing well and the stock is falling during the year, it is safer and more profitable to trade short.
- Many brokers may from time to time display warning signs next to the company that it is going bankrupt or pre-bankrupt. You don't want to deal with them.
- Do not be afraid to close losing trades if the trend changes. With an initial deposit of up to $1000-3000, it is better for beginners not to use a leverage higher than 1.5-2.
- Learn to think with your head. There are a lot of experts' and analysts' forecasts published on the Internet these days. Of course they can be used as a guide for choosing the direction of the stocks, but one should not follow them blindly.
A browser-based forex trading platform.
Forex trading is similar in its essence to trading in a regular (traditional) market. You also buy and sell a certain commodity. But in the case of Forex the goods are different currencies. Operations are made with a great number of currency pairs. The highest trading volume is accounted for by five currencies: U.S. dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, Pound Sterling, Australian dollar.
The market under consideration is international and is not tied to any one exchange. That is why trading is available around the clock on weekdays.
Advantages of trading in Forex:
- Round-the-clock operation of the market;
- Opportunity to receive additional income;
- Use of leverage;
- Currency trading at Forex is available online.
Web platform for trading commodities.
Commodities are characterized by the fact that they are produced and traded in large quantities, which guarantees global supply and sufficient liquidity for the market. There are four main types of commodities: energy, agricultural commodities, metallurgy and environmental credits. The big advantage of investing in commodities is the fact that it is a completely different market from currencies and stocks, so investors can use commodity trading to diversify their portfolios.
Web platform for cryptocurrency trading.
It is a trading platform that performs a large number of functions and allows users to sell, store, exchange and purchase digital currency units, i.e. to trade various cryptocurrencies.
The features of cryptocurrency platforms include:
- Working with pairs that consist of digital monetary units or represent their combination with fiat currencies;
- These projects are characterised by a simple start to speculation. This is because cryptocurrency exchanges do not require you to find a brokerage company;
- There is no need to have a solid education to get started. Even beginners can start making profits almost immediately, as the volatility of digital coins is very high. They can reach tens of percent per day.
Web based cryptocurrency trading platform with real-time online trading is an effective platform to profit from digital coin trading.
Cryptocurrency platforms not only allow users to trade digital currencies. They also provide the ability to store them.
Browser-based ETF trading platform.
In simple terms, an ETF traded through a browser based platform is an asset structure (securities or other financial instruments) formed by a management company and evenly divided into a number of shares in the form of freely tradable shares. These ETFs can track the performance of different asset classes: indices, company stock basket, bond basket, commodities, currencies.
In addition, the exchange-traded fund structure allows traders and investors to go short, use leverage and avoid certain capital gains taxes in certain countries and jurisdictions.
Web platform for options trading.
There are three main advantages to option trading on a web platform:
- Options can be used to generate a fixed income. When we sell options, we get a premium. We will talk about risk insurance when we sell options later on;
- Options can be used to insure your investments. In fact, this is the original reason for creating this type of contract;
- Options belong to the class of derivative instruments, which makes it possible to do not only and not so much the analysis of prices of underlying assets (stocks, cars, food, etc.) but also the analysis of changes in derivatives of these assets. In other words, we do not need to guess where exactly and at what point in time the price of the selected asset will be. We will be able to profit when the market is rising, falling or standing still altogether.
Option trading noticeably increases the potential profit/risk ratio and reduces the requirements to the quality of forecasts - in case of trading not with "naked options", but with various combined strategies.
A Web based trading platform is a software that can make a trader's life easier. A good Web trading platform can perform many tasks, freeing up your time for the really important things.
How to start using a web-based trading platform?
A novice trader with minimal theoretical knowledge is not recommended to immediately open a real trading account on a Web trading platform. For this purpose, a web based trading platform provides a demo account service. A demo account can be opened free of charge, funded with virtual dollars, depending on your wishes, and allows you to trade under similar conditions to a real account.
In order to open a demo account at the broker website one must register, stating the telephone number to which an SMS confirmation code will be sent.
What is a demo account for?
While trading on a demo account you should get used to the web based trading platform, learn its functions, try yourself in different types of trading (scalping, pipsing, intraday, short, medium or long-term trading), test trading strategies, select technical indicators, etc. Figuratively speaking, a demo account is a Forex trading simulator.
The advantage of a demo account is that a lost deposit will never hurt your pocket. So go ahead, have fun trading!
Once you are familiar with how the browser based trading platform works, you can move on to a real trading account. With a real account you will have full access to all the services offered by the platform, which can be very varied and really useful: video lessons, market analysis news, asset quotes and your trading history.
You can make a deposit via VISA, MasterCard, etc. and start trading. Depending on the deposit method you choose, the money will be available within 5 minutes to 5 days. Try it and you will definitely succeed!
If you would like to make a deposit according to your preferences and needs, you can use leverage. Leverage is the ratio of a trader's or investor's capital to the leverage they receive for trading on the exchange market (1:100, 1:1000). Using leverage in trading multiplies your profit. But you should not forget about risks of deposit loss, if leverage is too high. We recommend using the maximum leverage of 1:10. Control your risk and take your time. Try it, you will succeed!